Welcome!

Wednesday 13 July 2011

School holidays

Hello from me.
The weather here has been really miserable! It has been cold and damp, washing not drying outside,  heating put on and soup made! Recipe for todays will be on my recipe page very soon!

My knitting and crochet projects have suffered a bit, not through the cold but through tired eyes. One of my hobbies is cycling. Not taking part but following  the men in lycra. We are now in the second week of the Tour de France, and how brilliant it has been! I am not a fan of Cadel Evans and really hope he doesnt get the yellow jersey, but the lads from Team Sky are lovely. We met them here when they took part in the Tour Downunder, got signatures and they were really nice and pleasant. The downside of living in Australia is that the coverage of the Tour de France is on in the late evening/night time! Last night I was awake till 1.00 watching it! Too late! Today I have had to have my hair cut and do other jobs, but oh my! I have been so tired!

Crochet project: I have resurected my small square blanket. It is in muted colours, blue, green, and deep rose and will have a cream border. The squares are made not in true granny square tradition, but in a variation. Looks good so far, just got to make enough squares and then put them together! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment